Find out about the benefits, eligibility criteria, and the process of obtaining the Udyam Registration Certificate. Register your company and get recognized as an MSME today.
What is Udyam Registration?
The Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (MSME) following the publication of the notice in the Gazette of India on 26 June 2020 has established a new form and procedure for the filing of the memorandum to be known as “UDYAM REGISTRATION” from now on. will be known on June 1, 2020
Udyam Registration Certificate
The Udyam Registration Certificate will be delivered to the applicant upon completion of the entire online registration process. This certificate is valid for life. This certificate contains a dynamic QR code that allows you to access the government portal website and detailed information about the company.
The reference image of Udyam’s registration certificate is shown below:
Who can register Udyam?
The eligibility criteria for registering with Udyam are as follows:
- Any business entity, including sole proprietorship, partnership, limited liability company, limited liability company, sole proprietorship, or any other form of business organization may apply for registration with Udyam.
- The business entity must have a valid PAN (Permanent Account Number) and GST (Goods and Services Tax) registration number.
- The turnover of the company should not exceed Rs. 250 crores for production or Rs. 100 crore for services.
- The company must not be a subsidiary, branch, or franchisee of a large company.
It should be noted that the above eligibility criteria apply to both new and existing companies. Therefore, any economic operator that meets the above criteria can apply for Udyam registration and be considered an MSME.
What documents are required to register with Udyam?
The application process for Udyam registration online is self-explanatory and there is no further requirement to upload any document, certificate, document, or evidence. The user only needs to provide their 12-digit Aadhaar number, pan card, and company bank details during the registration process.
No need for physical documents or electronic copies. The whole process only requires detailed information about your business.
Udyam Registration Process
The Udyam Registration Process is a streamlined and hassle-free process designed to help small and medium-sized businesses register their business online and get recognized as an MSME. Below are the steps of the Udyam registration process:
Please follow the following simple 3-step process:
MSMEs should apply for Udyam registration online at Udyam Registration Portal.
Once the application has been accepted, the company will be given a “Udyam Registration Number” (e.g., permanent identification number).
Upon completion of the registration process, the company is issued with a “Udyam Registration Certificate”.
Read more about NIC Code For Kirana Shop
For existing companies
- All existing EM Part II or UAM registered companies will re-register on the Udyam registration portal starting July 1, 2020.
- All companies registered as of June 30, 2020, will be reclassified in accordance with this notice.
- Existing companies registered before June 30, 2020, are only valid until March 31, 2021.
A company registered with another organization of the Ministry of Micro, Small, and Medium Enterprises is registered with the Udyam registry.
In summary, obtaining a Udyam Registration Certificate is an important step for small and medium-sized businesses to gain recognition and access to a range of government benefits. This guide provides an overview of benefits, eligibility criteria, and the certification process. By following a simple registration process, companies can be recognized as MSMEs and unlock a range of business opportunities. So, if you are a small or medium-sized business that wants to streamline the process of registering your business and gain recognition, the best way is to get Udyam Registration Certificate.