While US passport holders greatly benefit from visa waivers for international travel worldwide, US citizens need a valid visa to enter India. Luckily, US citizens can 30 DAYS INDIAN VISA for an e visa to India.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Type of India visa for US citizens: India e visa
- India visa fee for US citizens: $25.00
- India visa processing time: 2 – 3 days when applying with Atlys
- Length of stay: 30 days (double-entry)
How To Get An E-Visa For India For the With Atlys
Applying for an e-Visa for India from USA can seem stressful and like a lot of work, but that’s why Atlys is here to help you.
Atlys is an app that makes visa applications easy and fast. Atlys has streamlined the India e visa application process to allow you to spend less time and effort applying for your visa.
Simply select India as your destination, upload your passport and digital photos, review your application, and submit.
Yes. US citizens need an entry visa for India. All tourists, including children, must obtain a visa before arrival. The Government of India does not grant visas on arrival. You can apply for an e visa to India online on Atlys! Alternatively, US citizens can apply for the 10-year India Visa before traveling to India.
No matter how short your trip is, you must get a visa to visit URGENT EMERGENCY INDIAN VISA. The type of visa you need depends on the purpose of your trip and the duration.
Indian nationals with a US passport can use their OCI card to enter India. Alternatively, Indian nationals opt to apply for the India e visa online.
What Are The Indian E-Visa Required Documents?
Before you start your application for an e visa to India, make sure to have these documents ready:
- Scanned bio page of your passport/travel document showing your photograph and passport details: The passport validity has to be more than 6 months. If your passport expires within 6 months, you will not be allowed to submit your Indian e-Visa application.
- A recent digital photo of yourself, taken against a white background: You can upload the photo in a jpeg format – you can use this free tool to convert your photos to JPEG.
- Address and contact details of your reference in India
- Sufficient funds to cover the India Visa cost
- Your personal details
- A Yellow Fever Vaccination Card
This is only applicable if you have previously traveled to a country where yellow fever is present. Without a Yellow Fever Vaccination Card, you will be required to be quarantined for 6 days after you arrive in India.
How To Get An India Visa Online?
Once your documents are ready, you can start completing the application form for the India visa online.
The online application process is split into 8 steps:
Step 1: Create An Account
To apply for your e-Visa for India from the USA, you must head to the official website and apply there. You’ll be greeted by a simple page showing an infographic. It explains how to apply for your new e-Visa.
Tap on Apply Online and create an online account. You’ve to select what type of visa you require while creating the account. I was going to visit my family, so I selected tourist, the most common use case. The date of arrival doesn’t have to be the exact date; you can provide a rough date within 45 days, more or less.